Last modified: September 25, 2023
- Jason Benson
- Email Jason Benson
- Carrie Prince
- Email Carrie Prince
- Parent Committee Members
- Paula Spiers
- Email Paula Spiers
- Michelle Wages
- Email Michelle Wages
All Parents are Invited to School Community Council Meetings
Check the meeting minutes for the next scheduled school community council meeting.
Information Regarding 2022-2023
- Minutes from October 2022 SCC Meeting
- Minutes from November 2022 SCC Meeting
- Minutes from December 2022 SCC Meeting
- Minutes from January 2023 SCC Meeting
Invitation to Serve:
We appreciate the relationships that have been built through working together with parents and community members to strengthen our Franklin school. Parents and community members are invited and encouraged to join the School Community Council. You are also welcome to attend meetings. If you are interested please contact a member of the council.
The reading focus for the 2021-2022 school year was to increase reading achievement. The following measurement tools were used to assess the students. Acadience (DIBELS), Star Test, and Imagine Learning.
The master schedule included a 3-hour Literacy block for all students in Kindergarten – 6th – grade. Teachers used the Renaissance Accelerated Reader (including the STAR test) to encourage students to develop a love of reading. They used data from the above measures to differentiate instruction. Teachers met with small groups of students to encourage learning at the students’ current levels, either intervention or extension. Instructional assistants provided support to the teachers and students by providing instruction through programs such as 95% Group or Wonders EL.
The math focus for the 2019-2020 is to increase math achievement. The district interim assessments, grade-level common assessments, or a computerized math program were used as measurement tools.
The master schedule included a 105 to120 minute math block for all students, K-6. Teachers used identified District Essentials and the adopted curriculum to teach and prepare students to meet State Standards.
With the occurrence of COVID 19, our school year was interrupted in March 2020. End of year data is not available.
Information Regarding 2020-2021
Minutes September 2021
Information Regarding 2020-2021
- School Trustland Plan 2020-2021
- Minutes from October SCC Meeting
- Minutes from February 2021 SCC Meeting
- Minutes from March 2021 SCC Meeting
Information Regarding 2019-2020
- School TSSA(Teacher Student Success Act) Plan
- Minutes for September 2019
- Minutes for November 2019
- Minutes for January 2020
More Trustland Information
- 2018-2019 Final Report
- 2017-2018 Final Report
- 2016-2017 Final Report
- 2015-2016 Final Report
- 2014-2015 Final Report
Community Council Bylaws
- Opportunities provided to parents by serving on the school community council and how parents can directly influence the expenditure of School LAND Trust funds
- School Community Council Responsibilities
- Dollar amounts received by the school each year through the program
- Funding Report All Schools
- Rules of order and procedure the council uses to conduct meetings
For other information, check out the website: www.schoollandtrust.org